Friday, January 2, 2009

Another IF Day

I'm very hungry today. I've noticed that IF is much easier on days that I work. I'm busier and have less time to think about my own stomach.
Maybe I need to talk about what I do for a living. I'm the Chef and Nutrition Coordinator for the Meals on Wheels and congregate meal program for seniors for a small Northern California coastal community. 
So since I cook in the morning, I'm surrounded by food. Although very little of it is food I eat, I still can and must taste the food I'm preparing. I write my own recipes for the most part so tasting is essential. I pride myself on preparing wholesome food that does not look or taste institutional. I use fresh ingredients whenever possible but I'm limited by space in the amount of foods I can have on hand. We have very little storage or refrigeration. I cook for between 70 and 120 people per day, 5 days a week. 
So tasting even small amounts of food does have an impact on my appetite and satiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment