Friday, December 19, 2008

Well I'm stuck at another frustrating plateau and have decided to try Carb Cycling as my new strategy. I know my weight loss this time around is going to be slower than it was when I did Medifast. After all that was only 800 calories a day. But still. Last time I hit this kind of plateau it lasted almost 3 weeks. 
So my new plan is carb up one day a week, carb down six. 
I'm not sure about the numbers yet. Numbers as in how many carbs on the carb up days. I'm not sure that I'll even count them. I'll keep the carb down days to under 20 as before.
What's cool about this is that I'm not doing this as an excuse to eat junk, as I would have in the past. I have no cravings for sweets or starchy foods really. I'm doing it to accelerate my weight loss. I've become almost indifferant to food. 
I say almost because I am having a planned splurge on Christmas. But that has more to do with tradition than with the food itself. Making Christmas a feast day is one of the few links to the little happiness of growing up that I have. For the most part, I remember happy Christmas'.
And now, Christmas can be a carb up day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment