Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Carb Cycling

Reading more on Carb Cycling I'm finding it to be a specific program used by serious weight lifters. It's interesting that in that world, low carb is considered 200 g a day. Or more. Not a keto diet by any means. What was surprising to me were the beliefs that carbs were necessary in high levels for health. Really the opposite of what I consider serious current science. 
I think people often have belief systems rather than science that they base their lives on. They believe that low fat is good because that's what they are taught. I doubt that many people do any research at all on nutrition. They believe Weight Watchers works because it follows the traditional diet paradigm. And it seems counter intuitive that fat can make you lose weight. Fat makes  you fat just sounds right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment